Friday, August 31, 2007

We Have Service

The Apple repair center sent me a new iPhone.

Just to review the sequence of events:

  1. Friday evening - I bought a new iPhone, activated it and it worked.
  2. Saturday morning - The "No Service" message appeared. I spent several hours hobnobbing with the intelligentsia working the support lines at Apple and AT&T.
  3. Saturday afternoon - Returned to the AT&T store for a new SIM card.
  4. Saturday evening - Support call to Apple. I was assigned a repair order number.
  5. Tuesday morning - Received a temporary replacement iPhone
  6. Wednesday morning - Fed Ex'ed my original iPhone back to Apple
  7. Friday morning - Received a new iPhone from the Repair Center (It has a different serial number now)
I am impressed again. The new iPhone works but I am going to hang on to the replacement through the weekend just in case there is another failure.

Before taking the SIM card out of the temporary iPhone I sync'ed it with iTunes one last time. When I connected the new iPhone, iTunes offered to restore my settings from backup. Except for the pictures in the Camera Roll, the wireless connection passwords and my email account password, everything seems to be in order, even down to weather forecasts for the 6 different cities I watch.

Congratulations, Apple. My iPhone works.

No comments:

Blog Archive