Thursday, August 30, 2007

Does Anyone Have a Pencil I Can Borrow?

I made a note for myself.

Unlike many of friends I can't recall off the top my head the 10 digit hexadecimal keys needed to connect to the various wireless hotspots at work so I typed them into the Notes application.

Thus I considered myself prepared for the next time I entered a new hotspot and the iPhone offered to connect to it for me. Instead that's when I realized a painful truth. The iPhone doesn't have a 'clipboard' memory area that we can use to copy and paste text between applications. At first I thought of flipping back and forth between the Notes and WiFi setup but I ended up just writing the key on a piece of paper. It was easier. (I should probably put a small paper clip on that paper in case I have to change the SIM again.)

I am not really happy with the font used in Notes either. While it does have a pleasant sort of jaunty look about it - maybe it's a cousin to something in the italics family - it's just not legible at a glance. I really have to concentrate on the individual letters to read it.

No comments:

Blog Archive