Monday, September 24, 2007

I made a call on my iPhone.

The most comfortable way for me to make a call on the iPhone is by using those ear plugs with the built in microphone. The sound quality is excellent and people on the other end of the call can hear me clearly. If I am listening to music when a calls come in, a simple squeeze on the built-in microphone pauses the song and picks up the call. Another squeeze ends the call and resumes the music.

The speaker phone is another story. The speaker volume is simply inadequate and even at the maximum volume I have to be within 12 inches of it to hear the caller. It may just not be possible to output much sound with whatever hardware can be packed within confines of the iPhone but when the phone rings it's loud and clear. Strange.

I also like the Apple's Bluetooth device. The interface is intuitive and the sound is clear enough. However, callers report a lot of background noise so, maybe that's not quite ready yet. I am not totally comfortable with the gadget-in-my-ear look but I can adapt.

I was really surprised to learn that I already knew how to put a call on hold and pick up another incoming call. Just press the big red "Hold + Answer" button. Nice. I've not mishandled a single call yet which, given my track record with telephony, is truly amazing.

No comments:

Blog Archive